Musical instruments, PAs and all objects used for musical purposes are insured against all conceivable risks worldwide and at all times. Here we present only the most prominent examples of risk:
- Transport accident
- Getting lost
- Leave it
- Elementary events
This always applies, including use (dropping and tripping etc.), transport, storage, climatic changes, storage, lending and rental.
- The nighttime clause can be cancelled.
- Cover in unattended rehearsal rooms outside inhabited buildings can be included.
- The transport of pianos is optionally insurable.
- This basically covers all realistic dangers.
Not insured are
- Damage caused by the policyholder wilfully or through gross negligence
- War events, radioactivity, wilful damage or theft by family members
- Usual wear and tear
Also see sections 1 and 2 of the CGI (General Conditions of Insurance).